Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Belated Birthday My Little Afiq
You were born in the holy month of Ramadhan 1428H. Like your elder brothers before you, I was there to greet you into this world.

Your passage is not as easy as your other brothers, your mother was already in labor for almost 4 hours. Your mother had been pushing on for your life and hers and was struggling for an hour before they made a decision to send both of you to another hospital for further intervention. My heart beats faster and faster. I prayed "Dear God, Please help them".

My prayer was answered, there you were. I can see your head. Slowly you came, but you had difficulty due to an umbilical cord was caught in your neck. But you've made it. You've made it. I was relieved. We were relieved, both your mother and I.


You cried aloud, as if to say that you've managed to get through despite the hardship. I took you into my arms. Clean you up. Clear your lungs by suction and dried you up underneath the warmer.



That was a year ago. This is now. Enjoy your life my boy. Be a good son for both of us. Be a good brother. Be a good Muslim. Happy Birthday....Ahmad Afiq Iskandar....

1 comment:

natrah said...

that memorable day is still fresh in my mind..:)

A belated bday to Afiq..InsyaAllah Afiq will be a good boy.