Friday, October 24, 2008

Blacked Out

I told that i had a surprise today. well, the surprise didn't materialise today and had to be postponed due to some unforseen circumstances. I was looking forward for it but sadly it didn't work out as i had planned. nevermind, maybe it is a blessing in disguise today. and as they say patience is a virtue.

I wrote this entry after a black out in my residential area which is quite common. while i was lying around in the dark i had pretty much nothing to do except thinking to myself and playing around with my mobile phone.

I toggled through my contacts number. i've suddenly realised something which is quite amazing really. the number of contacts that i had mostly is my family numbers and ex-colleagues at work. but not much of friends. hmm. i wonder do i really have any. i can name a few but that's all. a few. i've never been a social kind of person. i spend most of time at home. being a young father also made me more homely. the fact that i am living and staying in baling also limits my ability to go out and meet up with my friends as mostly they are staying in KL or other places.

I've made that choice and i am not regretting is as i think my sons need me more around them rather than a father that is always out. maybe it is due to me growing up without a father and a father figure. i am trying to be a good father and maybe a friend to them also. Insyaallah.

3 comments:

fajar said...

dj, sometimes i felt the same way too. my younger years has been passed. no more free hangout, like i used to be.

guess that time changes everything? hmm, not everything. :)

cause, we still have the best friends standing all the way.

EnAikAY said...

Hey man.. in friendships, quality matters more than quantity.

deejay said...

thanks guys. Best friends forever. :)