Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Me? Running?

Penang Bridge Marathon...

The word marathon itself sent chills to my spine. I am not a runner, period. I can't run and certainly not long distance. The moment i start to run, my lung would only allow oxygen in after 2 minutes of running and my stomach would start to cramp. Then, breathlessness kicks in and finally... Vomiting.....

Even though i advocate people to a healthy lifestyle. I for one previously did not have one myself. There are so many reasons that i would give on why not. but that's just it, reasons. In Malay, Alasan. Not enough time, no friends, not prepared, tired... bla bla bla.....

But not now, i was inspired by my friends. They had changed their lifestyle and lead a more healthy life. Even my closest friend enaikay, is now training to become a traithlete. This weekend he has a triathlon event in Kenyir Terengganu. He even cheekily provoked me to be a triathlete. Haha, i could not even swim. But i thought to myself, even though i can't swim. I can do running or cycling. My weight had stagnated for the past month or so due to unhealthy lifestyle, unproper eating habit, not enough rest, and also emotionally unstable. Now i am eating better, and resting more(slightly more but not better) and trying to stabilise my emotion.

Age is no barrier when it comes for a healthy lifestyle

What is interesting about Penang Bridge Marathon? Well, this is the only time of the year that the bridge is closed for traffic to allow the marathon to be organized. This event attracts people from all over the world. Some just came to be in it. Some came to test themselves. Some came to win the event. Whatever it is, it is for fun and a healthy lifestyle.

People from all walks of life enjoying the event

Last year marathon, getting ready for the run



Hope to be there coming November

Last year i had thought about it when i came across the flyer in Baling. Penang Bridge Marathon. Hmmm... it would be a challenge for me to try and enter the marathon. but at that time the marathon is just 2 weeks away and at that time i couldn't even run more than 1 km. So, this time around i wanted to prepare myself in advance. I signed up for the 21km marathon, for starters. The marathon is 240 days to go. Got to start training from now. I think i need a new pair of running shoes. Any suggestions? Will update my progress.

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

EnAikAY said...

U wanna buy new shoes? My sincere suggestion is, u buy my shoes.

(Then i can use the money to buy myself a new shoes..)

EnAikAY said...

By the way, i'm already a triathlete coz i've done the Port Dickson triathlon last year. this kenyir race is going to be my second time doing olympic distance triathlon.

and, good luck with ur 21km half marathon training. I'm sure u can cross the finish line, smiling!

deejay said...

Oh ya!!! Forgot la bro. Sincere apology.
Gud luck to you..
As for the shoes... x mau, dah masemmmmmmmm.....
heheheheh