Sunday, July 19, 2009

Down The Memory Lane

It's always nice to take a trip down the memory lane, albeit a short one. Yesterday i took a very short trip. Down to the Kinta Valley or to be precise to Ipoh Town. I went there to attend my childhood best friends' wedding in Ipoh.

This trip is a bit extra special, as this is only the second time i met him for the past 20 years!. The other time that i met him was 7 years ago in Midvalley Kl. His name is Masrudy Asfar Mastor. He and Razman my other best friend during that period of time plus myself were unseparable. I could say that we were the 3 musketeers (without D'Artagne of course). The 3 of us would go anywhere together during school hours. And all of us were school prefects. I was the chubby one, Masrudy was the skinny one and Razman was the handsome one.

I would sleep over to his place during the weekends and brought along my SEGA console (which was very cool at that time, hehe) and some Transformers toys. We would play together with his 2 younger brother and a little sister that we shunned. No girls allowed policy at that time. And sometimes Masrudy and Razman would sleep over to my house. We had the time of our lives during primary school. Sadly after UPSR we went our separate ways. Razman went to STAR Ipoh and Masrudy went to SMK Raja Permaisuri Bainun Ipoh while i went to Anderson Ipoh. Then i shifted to JB and lost contact with them alltogether.

Yesterday, i finally got to go back to see him and went back to his home that we had so many good times together. All grown up. He was no longer the skinny one as he had become much bigger than me. Hehe. I couldn't make it to the Kenduri during the afternoon so i decided to go in the evening to his home. Luckily i still remember the way to his home but at near his house i got i bit confused as there were more houses now. They were planning for a short Sanding at the Pelamin inside the house for close family. I was fortunate enough to see them Sanding. The bride and groom wore a pearly white Baju Melayu and Dress which were matching.

I was treated with dinner of Nasi Minyak with Ayam masak merah, rendang, ikan tenggiri pedas, sate and cakes. It was worth the 2 hours drive. After a brief remininscing our childhood times, updating the present and discussing the future, the bride and groom were ready for the short bersanding. They were very happy. And i was too, seeing my old buddy after so many years. After the photo session, i made my way back to Baling. I'm glad that i decided to go to see him. It brought lots of great memories.... now, to find Razman and maybe the 3 musketeers will get back together...

getting ready to cut the pulut

one, two, cut...

wahhh... so manja....

a simple pelamin with the bride and groom

can't wait for tonight... haha

with the bride and the groom.. my old buddy Masrudy

A nice custom made choc bar that they made for the wedding

2 comments:

akak said...

still remember mas and rudy..rasanya akak pun pernah gi rumah dia..kat area silibin tu ke? time tu baru renovate..

deejay said...

hehe... akak. its masrudyla. not mas and rudy.. Razman sorg lagi.. tapi lama sgt dh lost contact.