Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Humility

Humility.

That's the word that keeps on playing in my mind today. Humility to god, and towards other human being. As i was driving back from Kuala Lumpur to Baling, something happened on the highway. I was speeding on the highway with a bend coming, as i approach the bend. I saw people with torch lights waving like mad. I immediately push the brakes to bring my car to stop. Then i looked in front of me, a bus across the road. I was shocked and chills surge through my spine. Thank god i managed to stop my car and pass through slowly from behind the bus.

From what i conclude, the bus was coming from the other direction of the highway (from North to South) and it can't negotiate the bend and smashed through the divider and onto the side of the highway. I cant see if there are other cars involved, but the front of the bus was totally smashed. Then i realized that the accident must have happened about 20-30 mins prior to that, and now i understand why i had woken up late that morning. God was helping me, an insignificant soul among billions of souls. Had i woken up with my regular   time i most probably would have been there at the same time during the bus crashed. You might say that maybe i would have not but you can say too that maybe it could.

God is with us, always. We can only pray and say Alhamdulillah with all the things that God has give to us. Ameen.

I try to be humble around other people too. Yesterday i met with a person that i am not too keen to be around with after i had left the hospital. To think that that person could have greeted me in a better way since it was ages ago that we had some issues. I guess i was wrong. The first greeting to me was that he said that i am an 'orang kaya' a rich person. He must have understood that i left the government practice to be in the private practice is to be rich. I just smiled and said inside Alhamdulillah. But it didnt stop there, he also commented on my losing weight, and nonchalantly says that the reason that i lost weight now is because i am a rich person now and rich person are afraid of dying early. I was stunned, i could have strike back but i chose not to. If i did, it would make me the same level as he is. I chose the higher ground and be humble. I just smiled back and said nothing.

I just pray to God that one day he will realize all the wrongs that he had done, not only to me but towards others too. 

No comments: