Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fasting and sahur.. a tale of eggs

This fasting month is a bit different from the last ramadhan. This year my eldest son Aiman started to train to fast. He had never fast before, so it came as a surprise when he was able to finish the whole day fasting in his first attempt on the first day of ramadhan.

He is also delightfully easy to wake up for sahur. He didnt manage to fast everyday. But almost every other day which is very good for him. I'm so proud of him. Whenever he complains of hunger or thirsty, i asked him not to think of it and concentrate on other things to preoccupy his mind. That was one of the reasons that i had allowed him to play with the PS2. Now he is getting very good with it and even manage to beat me in his favourite game Naruto.

Back to sahur time, he likes to eat mostly rice during sahur. As he always does in other meal time. Last night all of us went to Penang to send their mother to the airport as she is going back to KL. When we got back to baling it is quite difficult for me to buy anything at the stall for sahur. Aiman had requested to eat rice for sahur. Erkk.. Aiyoo, what to do. Rice i can cook but the serving? I dont think so. I spent the night scratching my head on how to prepare sahur. I then said to myself, what the heck. I'll just try to cook something. But what to cook? There is not much in the fridge and i dont think that i can cook something complex.

I scoured the fridge and the answer was just in front of my eyes. What is Aiman fav food. Eggs!! I cant just fry the eggs and eat it with rice like that. So braved myself into cooking. I decided to cook fried eggs with tomato sauce. Luckily it went okay. The taste wasnt the same standard as my wifes cooking but at least it is edible. Hehe. Aiman ate the eggs without saying anything. A good sign eh. Later he said that he liked it. But being aiman, anything with egg he would like it. Haha, success. Now im feeling that im half way being a mr mama.


The not so spectacular eggs with tomato


I've conquered the first hurdle. Maybe in the future i'll try to cook something else that requires more skill. Hehe. I wish.

2 comments:

EnAikAY said...

Fuhyooo!!! Tererist gile masak telur. Aku ni, kalau rebus air pun boleh hangus tau... hahaha

deejay said...

adoila... if a few years back org kata aku leh masak. Sure aku gelak.
Now pon aku gelak.. hahaha. Main belasah ajer, nasib baik x diarhhea..
hehe