Friday, September 11, 2009

From McD to Meehon

Spent the whole day thinking of what to have for Iftar or breaking fast. There is only one thing in my was McDonald. Dont know why but i did crave the burgers and the shakes.

Since today i would get off early like i always do on Thursdays. I planned to take all my kids into the Stream and make way to the nearest McD. In seberang perai which is almost 90km in distance. Heh, the nearest. But what to do if you're living in the country region. Heck i cant even call Baling a suburb area.

When i reach home, i told my kids that we were going to McD. I had hoped that the news would be greeted gleefully but something was even bigger than McD. An immovable object. That got my kids hooked for the past 1 week. The Playstation2. The one that i had owned for the past 6 years. Aiman was only 1 year old when i bought it. How time flies!! Now he is able to play it. Now i'm feeling old. Again.

I had to give in to him. While he was playing a Naruto fighting game, afiq fell asleep infront of the tv while drinking his milk. Huh, there goes my McD.

So i rushed off to bazaar ramadhan to scour what to eat for breaking fast. I decided to buy the kids nasi tomato and a modest meehon for myself. Along the way, i met up with one of my patients, who is selling sup tulang and such in the bazaar. He gave me one sup tulang, and he refused to take my money. He just said that to pray for him 'a murah rezeki'. Alhamdulillah, i said to him and wished him to be more successful in his business.

Sometimes, when we didnt not get one thing, god will open other things to us, as long as we keep our mind and heart open. We just have to be thankful in what we have and insyaallah god will give us more.

4 comments:

EnAikAY said...

From Baling to Sbrg Prai is 90km?
Wah, kayuh beskal best tu...
Hahaha.

deejay said...

Kayuh sorg or ngan member bestla.. kena kayuh ngan anak2...
Adoilaaaaa

Adzimi said...

Jauhnya nak carik McD! Other than McD, what is the nearest fast food chain you can find nearby?

deejay said...

Adzimi.. kat sne ada KFC aje..
yang lain memang tarak...